Wednesday, October 6, 2010
THE BOOK THIEF
The main character in this story is Leisel Meminger. She is a german girl who is a christian. Rosa and Hans Huberman where both Leisel foster parents. The main problem in this story is that Hans hides a Jew in his basement. All of this is happening during ww2 in Germany. So, if Hitler the dictator caught you with a Jew he would kill you. Hans solves this because he doesnt tell anybody that he is hiding a Jew in his basement. I felt happy when the Jew helped Leisel write a book about his life in drawings. I felt sad when Himmel street the street that Leisel lived in got bombed and she was the only survivor. I felt nervous for Leisel when she went to the Nazi book burning. I did not feel excited in this book. I felt angry when Rosa Leisel foster mom called her a pig in German because she did not take showers for a long time. This story ends in a sad note because Leisel dies in Australia when she left from Germany. If I were the author I would not change anything about this book because it was based on true events. This book was an ok book for me because it had a few words that I could not understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.